The best in Video Games/Anime Role playing

The Halfblood

SAga4000
    Admin

Re: The Halfblood

Post by SAga4000 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:46 am

Kunadan looked down at his daughter for a moment and closed his eyes for a moment before he said,
    "Thank you, for trying the best you can."
    The Healer nodded and then left the room. Kunadan reached over and held his daughter's hand, he closed his eyes once more as he felt the tears ready to spill from his eyes. He could appear weak then, not when his daughter needed him.

"I'm so sorry Menelwen, I failed you as a father and I failed your mother as a husband."

TaintedWisdom
    Admin

Post by TaintedWisdom on Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:52 am

Nimue knocked on the door softly and called through the door, "Brother...may I come in?" Her voice was soft, "I wanted to talk to you about a certain...place on the surface, I saw it burning above, but I must come in." She gently opened the door then saw Menelwen on the bed. She swiftly entered and closed the door. She walked up to her, "What happened to her?"

SAga4000
    Admin

Post by SAga4000 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:05 am

"Nimue, I want to be alone with my daughter." Kunadan told her. "Kunadan--" Harald put his hand on his wife's shoulder and pulled her away,
    "Come Nimue, leave them be."
    She nodded and let her husband lead her away.

Kunadan closed his eyes and looked up to the ceiling and said, "Mother, if you are there, if you can hear me. Then please, help my daughter. Give her the strength she needs."

TaintedWisdom
    Admin

Post by TaintedWisdom on Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:34 am

A day passed when Kunadan finally fell asleep with his head on his daughter's lap under the blankets.

Avalon passed by speaking with his guards and Menelwen's eyes slowly opened. She saw her father was sleeping there. She carefully slipped out from under her covers and as she followed her Grandfather through the halls, she slipped from corner to corner. Avalon stopped and spun around but there was no one there.

After she saw her father enter the throne room she went to the door and saw that her father was running towards the throne room, obviously having noticed she was gone. She opened the doors and said, "Lord Avalon...I must request your aid. A friend of mine...very dear one...got captured yesterday. His hut was burned to the ground and I need to save him, but I need your help, Orcs are involved."

SAga4000
    Admin

Post by SAga4000 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:58 am

"Menelwen--" Kunadan spoke out ready to stop her before she provoked him further. Avalon looked down at her and then said,
    "What concern is it of mine? The orcs were not in our territory. I will not waste my resources for one life."
    "Grandfather please--"
    "I'm sorry to hear of your friend Menelwen, but I will not risk my men's lives for the sake of one. Now, Kunadan assemble the guards and protect our borders. If there was an one orc, then there will no doubt be more to come."
    Kunadan turned to his daughter for a moment before he turned back to Avalon and nodded. Menelwen took a deep breath and closed her eyes as her father walked out of the room.
    Menelwen looked up at her grandfather as he was climbing the steps to his throne. "I heard what happened the previous day, and your father has been anxious about your condition. He's asked that I relieve you of your duties to rest for the week."
    "Thank you, Lord Avalon." She replied before she knelt and left the room.

Last edited by SAga4000 on Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total

TaintedWisdom
    Admin

Post by TaintedWisdom on Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:09 am

After she had left the throne room she glanced back at the throne room door and thought, "One week, that's all I have to find him and bring him back to safety!"  She raced to the stables and took off at full speed following the orc tracks on the ground.

Two hours later...

A guard approached Kunadan and said, "My lord...my lady Menelwen was riding off into the distance...she left about two hours ago, I do not know where she was going, but she was riding rather fast.  I waited two hours in case she was going out foraging, but she had not returned."

SAga4000
    Admin

Post by SAga4000 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:44 am

Kunadan's eyes widen for a moment before he took a deep breath and to the throne room.

Avalon and Kunadan stood in the veranda and he spoke, "You have two days, no more. If you are not back within that time, I will send the guards after you, and they will bring both or one of you here."
    "Thank you father." Kunadan replied.

TaintedWisdom
    Admin

Post by TaintedWisdom on Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:46 am

One day passed and Menelwen had lost sight of the tracks, but she knew where they were going, unfortunately she did not get any further as her father pulled his horse in front of hers. She jumped off Thunderfax and placed her hand on the hilt of her blade, "Father, I am warning you, get out of my way! I will not be stopped, not by grandfather or you...or any orc or even troll that tries to get in my way, I WILL save Thorlin or die in the attempt!"

SAga4000
    Admin

Post by SAga4000 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:49 am

"Then by all means kill me. But I will not let you risk your life." Kunadan told her as he continued standing in her way. Menelwen looked up at him and then said, "Please do not send me back, father. I know what awaits me there when I return."
    Kunadan saw the tears in his daughter's eyes and said, "Get on your horse, we will go after him."

TaintedWisdom
    Admin

Post by TaintedWisdom on Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:03 am

She looked at him and saw that he was still torn. She hung her head and said, "We have to return...I dare not take a guess what Avalon's punishment for you would be should you fail to return when you were ordered to. I will...return if nothing else than to plead with him alongside you one more time...I don't to lose him...I...I just can't lose him father...please try to understand, that is why I rushed ahead on my own. Can we convince him together?"

Kunadan sighed in relief and said, "We will do our best my daughter...I admit I was not relishing how I'd explain it to my Ada about the delay. Let us return swiftly and perhaps we can yet save Thorlin."

The two raced back...

One day passed and they arrived in the Kingdom and they both went to see Avalon immediately.

She saw his stern gaze upon her and knew he would just demand she return to her duties unless he banished her that is.

SAga4000
    Admin

Post by SAga4000 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:17 am

"Explain yourself." Avalon told her. Menelwen looked up at her grandfather before she slowly got down to her knees and bowed in front of him.
    "Forgive me grandfather, I couldn't stand here and do nothing--"
    "Do nothing? Is that what you call recovery?" Avalon told her. Menelwen looked up at him and then said, "An army of orcs descended upon Thorlin--"
    "Thorlin?" Avalon questioned. Menelwen immediately covered her mouth in shock at her slip of the tongue.
    "You mean to tell me you'd abandoned your duties to see a mortal man...or--no that is not possible...?"
    "Yes it is. He is that same Thorlin from five hundred years ago."
    "So I see."
    "Father, if those orcs came for him, near our borders then who is to say they we will not be next?"
    Avalon took a deep breath before he said,
    "Prepare the army, we march to our borders."
    "And Thorlin?"
    "The loss of one dwarf means nothing to me. We will not be going after him to their borders."
    "But King Avalon--"
    "I will not risk the lives of my people for one mortal. That is my final word."
    Menelwen took a deep breath and looked up at him before she turned and walked out of the room. Kunadan was about to turn and go after her, but then remembered his duty and quickly went to fulfill it before he tended to his daughter.

TaintedWisdom
    Admin

Post by TaintedWisdom on Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:22 am

Menelwen held her chest for a moment as she walked to stable and prepared her horse, come hell or high water, she was going with them. Maybe she could slip away at the end of the battle. She then snuck over to the armory and spoke with one of her friends in the army. She said, "I wish to take your place."

The soldier said, "Lady Menelwen, I do not believe that to be a wise course of action, your father just left here and had informed us we are going to war."

She said, "I know...I want to ride with the army and help, I have my own mission to complete and I must be there to see it through."

The soldier looked into her eyes and said, "Very well...take my armor and wear it, that way you will not stand out."

She hugged him for a moment then she got into his armor and went back to the stable. She stroked Thunderfax and said, "Sorry girl, but I need you to stay here this time. The Soldier I switched places with doesn't ride you, if I leave on you, father will know."

Her horse stared at her with her somber eyes and lowered her head in understanding. Menelwen stroked the blaze on her muzzle which looked like a thunderbolt for which she was aptly named, then she got onto the Soldiers horse and rode to the army's departure point and awaited the rest of the army.

SAga4000
    Admin

Post by SAga4000 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:27 am

Kunadan rode forward, wearing his armor, as he approached his father and stayed by his side. Avalon looked on and saw his army gathering. Avalon turned to Kunadan and nodded.
    Kunadan turned toward them and shouted,
    "Onward!"

TaintedWisdom
    Admin

Post by TaintedWisdom on Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:28 am

The army marched to its borders and saw a smaller army of orcs on the other side. Menelwen gulped and knew it was coming, so she steeled herself and prepared for combat.

SAga4000
    Admin

Post by SAga4000 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:40 am

The leader of the orc army stepped forward and roared before he pointed onward.
    Avalon shouted,
    "Archers!"
    His archers went in front and pulled out their bows and arrows and fired.

TaintedWisdom
    Admin

Post by TaintedWisdom on Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:53 am

Over the next eight hours, the battle had ended in victory, at great cost.  Three quarters of the total forces had fallen in the battle.

SAga4000
    Admin

Post by SAga4000 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:40 am

Avalon had finally been allowed to look at the fallen warriors. He looked on in shock as slowly walked through the battlefield. He slowly closed his eyes and turned to face his army general, "Call back our men."
    He turned around and walked a few steps forward when Menelwen said in the elven language, "You will not go further." Avalon stopped and looked up at his eldest granddaughter, "You will not turn away. Not this time."
    Shocked by the loss of his people and Menelwen's insolence, he spoke out irritably, "Get out of my way."
    "Thorlin will be slaughtered."
    "Yes, he will die. Today, tomorrow, one year hence, a hundred years from now. What does it matter? He is mortal." He spoke as he walked closer to her.
    She drew her bow and arrow and pointed straight at him, "You think your life is worth more than his? When there is no love in it. There is no love in you."
    Avalon turned away, trying to contain the anger that was seething out of him, but it prove too great, he used his drawn sword and cut her bow in half. Menelwen looked down and stared on in shock. Avalon having lost his patience with her, point his blade at her throat.
    "What do you know of love? Nothing? What you feel for that dwarf is not real." Menelwen stared up at him with disbelief in her eyes.
    "You think it is love? Are you ready to die for it?"
    Another blade appeared and drew his away from Menelwen's throat. Kunadan was heard saying to him in the elven language as he faced his father.
    "If you harm her...you will have to kill me."
    Avalon watched in shocked disbelief by both their actions as his son walked away from him and approached Menelwen before he told his daughter,
    "I will go with you."

Last edited by SAga4000 on Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:24 am; edited 2 times in total

TaintedWisdom
    Admin

Post by TaintedWisdom on Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:52 am

Menelwen looked at her father in a moment of stunned reverie then she said softly, "Father...I love him...I really do love him, dwarf or not, mortal or not...we have to save him."  They moved forward to the edge of the borders and stepped forward.

The two traveled one mile ahead and was suddenly besieged by a huge orc.  Menelwen gasped and reached for her bow then she remembered that her grandfather had slashed her bow in half.  The sword she had brought into battle had broken at the end of the battle against all the other orcs...she was defenceless.

Kunadan darted in front of her and began to fight with the Orc.  He shouted, "Retreat, now, return to the soldiers!"

Menelwen called out, "I cannot leave you father!"

Kunadan was about to argue the point when he was knocked to the side and the Orc charged Menelwen, planning to claim an unarmed elf's life.  He raised his blade and then stabbed.  Menelwen closed her eyes in terror when...nothing hit her.  She opened her eyes and saw that Thorlin...was standing in front of her, blade through his back.  Thorlin glanced back at her and his eyes said more than his words ever could...they brimmed with love only for her.  He then fell to his knees.

Menelwen's body froze in complete shock...she saw the look in his eyes but she couldn't move, her limbs felt like they were made of stone.

Kunadan had seen what had just happened.  His eyes were wide, but he couldn't grieve at the moment.  He picked up a rock and threw it, hitting the Orc on the head.  It snapped its head to him and roared then chased him after pulling the sword out from Thorlin's body.  Kunadan raced it into the woods.

SAga4000
    Admin

Post by SAga4000 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:48 am

Time slowly became a standstill as Menelwen watched in pure disbelief as Thorlin slowly fell to his knees and collapsed on his side. Her screams sounded slow in her ears as she cried, "No!" Her legs didn't seem fast enough as she rushed to his side.
    Menelwen got down beside him and turned him over. She immediately put her hands on his wounds and in panic started chanting rapidly, all the while, his hand slowly reached up and pressed against her cheek.
    Menelwen eyes widen as she looked down at him as his blood pooled beneath him and soaked through her clothes. He was smiling, even midst death's door, he couldn't help but smile. Their eyes met and she saw the brimming love within him for a short ten seconds before the life left his eyes forever. Menelwen closed her eyes and gripped the hand that had became limp against her cheek.

Kunadan was leaping from broken boulder to boulder as he rushed toward his opponent. He turned toward the trees and saw his opportunity. He used the trees to hide himself from the orc and climbed up with his dagger by his side. Once the orc was in place, Kunadan leaped and got the orc's shoulders before he plunged his dagger directly on top of the orc's head, and striking his brain. The orc's eyes rolled up almost instantly before he fell to the ground. Kunadan then pulled out his dagger from the orc's cranium and hurried back to his daughter's location.

Avalon slowly walked over and inspected the damage when he stumbled upon the scene; his granddaughter, sitting beside Thorlin's fallen body with his hand in hers as she looked down at him in mourning, while her soft sobs echoed. She looked up and heard the rustling of his boots and said with a defeated tone in her voice,
    "I want to bury him."
    "Yes." Avalon replied softly with no ounce of hostility as he looked down upon his eldest granddaughter.
    "If this is love, I do not want it." She told him. Avalon took another step forward as he continued staring at her with genuine sympathy written all over his face as she begged him, "Take it from me...please. Why does it hurt so much?"
    He took another step forward as his own recollected feelings of grief appeared and his eyes moistened and he stated to his granddaughter, "Because it was real."
    Menelwen nearly scoffed at his statement, but her heart wouldn't let her. She leaned down and pressed her lips against Thorlin's for a few seconds before pressed his hand against her cheek once more.

TaintedWisdom
    Admin

Post by TaintedWisdom on Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:00 am

Menelwen couldn't think...she could scarcely breath. Every motion her body did at this point was a painstaking labor. She asked, "Where...do we bury him? Here?"

Avalon nodded and said, "His body would not last the trip back to the Elven Kingdom, nor his own kingdom...we bury him here."

She began to dig a hole with a rock and after about ten minutes, she had a grave dug next to his body. She looked at Thorlin and kissed him one final time before she laid him in the grave. She sobbed as she covered him up and then slowly stood in front of her grandfather, tears streaming down her face. She said, "I said it before...I'll...I'll say it again, I cannot take this pain, send me to the land of the Undying Lord Avalon...just end this..." She fell to her knees to await the final blow. She didn't even care that her clothes were stained in blood from where she had been in the pool of the dark red liquid. All that mattered was ending this horrible pain.

SAga4000
    Admin

Post by SAga4000 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:07 am

But what came was more than unexpected. She felt a pair of strong arms around her. Menelwen let go of all her animosity and hugged her grandfather back as she let out her grief right in front of him. Avalon had his eyes closed as he became the rock she needed him to be.
    Seconds later he sensed another presence in front of him and looked up to see his eldest son standing before him.

TaintedWisdom
    Admin

Post by TaintedWisdom on Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:43 am

Menelwen sobbed against her grandfather, "I loved him...so much..." She was pressed against him crying in his arms.

Kunadan said, "Well this is something I never thought I'd see...this is the first time you've ever held her in your arms or comforted her father...it is a shame it took her losing someone so dear in order for it to happen."

Menelwen didn't move from her spot, she just stayed next to her grandfather, being held by him for the first time in her life. She almost felt like it made it extra special.

SAga4000
    Admin

Post by SAga4000 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:10 pm

"Kunadan--" Avalon spoke out, his eldest son took a deep breath as he looked down at his father and said in the elven language,
    "I love you father, but you threatened my daughter's life, that is the one thing I will never forgive you for." Kunadan then turned to his daughter and said, "Menelwen, I'm giving you the choice, if you want to leave, I will go with you. If you want to stay, I will stay with you."
    Menelwen through her tears looked up at her grandfather.
    Avalon looked at her and said, "The choice is yours."
    Menelwen pressed her hand against his plackart and stated, "I want to stay with you grandfather."
    Kunadan closed his eyes and slowly nodded.
    After a few minutes Menelwen composed herself enough to pull away, but not enough to stop her tears from running down her face.
    Kunadan walked over toward his daughter and placed his hand on her shoulder. She then flung her arms around him and said,
    "I love him father."
    "I know." Kunadan replied before his pressed his hand against her head.

Avalon turned and let them have their space, unaware that his youngest daughter, Daerwen was stepping out of from one the trees till he heard the rustling of her boots.
    He turned around and saw her there.
    Daerwen took a deep breath and looked up at her father, "Father, I know it's been so long, but I cannot go back."
    Avalon saw the look in her eyes and immediately knew she was there to witness the battle, along with everything else that transpired, including his threat to Menelwen and Thorlin's death.
    "Where will you go?" He asked her. Daerwen paused for a moment and said, "I do not know." Avalon took a deep breath and said,
    "Go North, pass Riversland. Pass the mountains, toward the port board the ship and sail wherever the winds take you."
    Daerwen turned to her father, knowing that he'd just given her another mission to make the separation easier between them. She turned around and took one step forward when her father suddenly called out her name,
    "Daerwen."
    She turned around, Avalon then said, "Your mother loved you, more than anyone, more than life." A small smile came to her lips as she read between the lines and nodded. Avalon put his hand to his heart and waved it to her. Daerwen reached out and caught the imaginary essence from her father's gesture before she turned back around and walked away, knowing that they may never see each other again.
    Avalon watched on with tears ready to fall from his eyes, but he did not relent. He closed his eyes and held his tears back, and regained his composure before he turned and walked back to his rejoin his army.

TaintedWisdom
    Admin

Post by TaintedWisdom on Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:14 pm

The Elven Prince said, "Did you take care of the business you needed to?" Daerwen nodded then he said, "I will be with you until we are done with this journey. After that, you can tell me to go back to my house if you wish, that will be up to you."

Menelwen held her father's hand and said, "I know...he threatened me father, but I beg of you to forgive him. I think things will be different now."

SAga4000
    Admin

Post by SAga4000 on Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:36 pm

Kunadan looked down at his daughter and then said, "I may be able to forgive him, Menelwen, but that does not mean I will forget. You mean more to me than life, I know you may not understand that, but I pray that one day you will."
    Menelwen looked up at him and said, "Thank you father."

Daerwen nodded and then said, "Wait, there is one more thing that I need to take care of before we go."
    "Take care of it now."
    "I will wait till it is time for me to do so." She replied as she turned back, "Wait for me in the clearing."
    Daerwen walked toward the direction where she last saw Thorlin slaying and waited till her older brother and niece walked away. Once she was alone, she stepped out of the shadows and knelt down by his graveside. She knelt down beside it and started sprinkling a handful of dirt over his grave before she started chanting a soft elven prayer for his soul. Five minutes later she was finally done. Daerwen took a deep breath as she slowly stood up and said, "I will miss you...my friend." Before she turned around and returned to where the elven prince was waiting for her.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:57 pm