The best in Video Games/Anime Role playing

The Halfblood

TaintedWisdom
    Admin

Re: The Halfblood

Post by TaintedWisdom on Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:00 pm

Menelwen was training her trainees at the moment, they were improving, but still could not land a hit on her. She said, "You must become faster and more fluent with your weapons. They are not just weapons, they are an extension of yourselves." She caught her wooden blade on her star pupil and spun her blade causing the blade to fly out of her pupil's hand and placed her wooden blade at her pupil's throat and said, "Never allow your weapon to leave your hand, or it will be your death." She saw her father enter and said, "Ten minute break." She placed her wooden blade at her hip and walked over, "Hello father, to what do I owe this pleasure?"

SAga4000
    Admin

Post by SAga4000 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:53 pm

"Menelwen I think you know why, I'm here." He replied. Menelwen looked up at him for a moment before she looked down and said, "Father I can't have a rest now--"
    "Menelwen, you've been working hard for the past few days and I can see you're tired. If you push yourself even further you can get sick. "
    She sighed and said,
    "But if grandfather--"
    "Then it will be me who will take the brunt of his force."
    "I do not want you to shoulder the burden of my--"
    "I'm your father. I would do so in a heartbeat, now go and see your friend." Menelwen hugged him and said,
    "Thank you father."

TaintedWisdom
    Admin

Post by TaintedWisdom on Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:14 pm

She ran to the gate and went out again and found Thorlin sitting by a campfire at his house. She ran up behind him and hugged him. She said, "I apologize for our fight earlier Thorlin."

Thorlin said, "I thought you were upset with me, where have you been?"

Menelwen sat down and said, "Been running myself ragged trying to do my duties in the underground. Avalon has been very strict lately and it is hard to sneak up here to see you."

Thorlin said, "How are you doing so now?"

Menelwen said, "Father is covering my position at the moment."

Thorlin smiled then gave her a hug and said, "You need rest, you look exhausted."

She shook her head and said, "I cannot, it is the first time I have seen you in three days, I haven't been content in three full days."

Thorlin said, "I should tell you the story about the dwarven hero Regice the legend. He took on two dragons on his own and won. Armed with merely two axes and a bow, he took them down with the bow after his axes were shattered. This ax..." He showed her the ax that had been repaired, "Is one of his axes."

Kunadan saw Avalon approaching him.

SAga4000
    Admin

Post by SAga4000 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:33 pm

"Kunadan, where is Menelwen?" He asked. Kunadan turned to his father and then said, "She has been working hard for days, I asked her to rest."
    "Is that so?"
    "Yes, for four nights, she hasn't slept. So I will take her position temporarily till she regains her strength."
    Avalon leaned back and said, "Very well."
    Kunadan watched as his father walked on with his guards following behind him.

"That's impressive for a dwarven weapon, but I suppose you haven't heard how King Avalon took down a dragon, twice in his life." Menelwen added.

TaintedWisdom
    Admin

Post by TaintedWisdom on Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:55 pm

Thorlin said, "I have heard it...however I heard that it is also an exaggeration. The dragon he took down "twice" was actually taken down only once. According to the information I was given, he drove off the dragon the first time to save his wife, the second time he slayed the dragon to save his children. Don't forget Menelwen, I was actually in the area when that dragon fell, in the underground kingdom." He sat back against the tree and said, "Still killing a dragon is no small feat."

Nimue watched Avalon leave where Kunadan was. She frowned as she was holding her daughter and thought, "She leaves her post after four days of being on it straight and he is annoyed she isn't there, what is wrong with him?"

SAga4000
    Admin

Post by SAga4000 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:23 pm

"Really? I thought he killed two different dragons." Menelwen added. Thorlin then asked, "Did I burst your bubble?"
    "I suppose a little. It's hard to imagine that King Avalon would save anyone."
    "He did. In fact he almost died to save your father."
    "So I see." Menelwen replied. Thorlin told her, "I've heard stories of the love your grandmother and he shared."
    "I never knew her. My father, aunts and uncle never talked about her." She replied.

TaintedWisdom
    Admin

Post by TaintedWisdom on Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:34 pm

Thorlin said, "I never knew her either, but she died bringing Daerwen into this world, she gave up all her strength to do it. As for your grandfather...something changed in him the day your father told him he wanted your mother to be his mate. That is the only event that I could think of to change him this drastically. All I know is...I will never leave your side Menelwen, you have become my dearest friend and I would not do anything to hurt you."

Menelwen smiled and rested her head on his shoulder, not in a romantic gesture, more so because she was falling asleep despite her not wanting to. A few minutes later, Thorlin picked her sleeping form up and laid her on the small guest bed he had put into the house. He had done so after he was spending enough time with Menelwen that he figured he'd need one.

The Star Pupil Elendir asked, "Lord Kunadan? Is my Captain alright? She has been gone for a few hours now. I more so fear...for our Lord Avalon finding out she has not returned yet."

SAga4000
    Admin

Post by SAga4000 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:56 pm

"Your Captain is fine. Now, you will be training with me." Kunadan told his daughter's star pupil.

Menelwen turned to lie on her side before while Thorlin watched. He took a deep breath and turned to make lunch that afternoon.

TaintedWisdom
    Admin

Post by TaintedWisdom on Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:58 pm

Thorlin continued working then he finished making lunch and after it was finished he went to Menelwen with a cup of dwarven Tea, a drink she had actually come to like a lot recently. He whispered, "Menelwen, I know you're sleepy, but wake up...I have some tea and lunch for you, it is your favorite."

SAga4000
    Admin

Post by SAga4000 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:00 pm

Menelwen stirred and slowly opened her eyes before she slowly sat up and said, "Thank you."

TaintedWisdom
    Admin

Post by TaintedWisdom on Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:18 pm

He slipped the cup into her hand and said, "You were out for about four hours. I let you rest that long because you looked so tired." He smiled and brought her lunch in bed and said, "I just wish there was something I could do to help you more."

SAga4000
    Admin

Post by SAga4000 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:25 pm

"Thank you for the kind words Thorlin." Menelwen replied before she took a sip of the tea.

TaintedWisdom
    Admin

Post by TaintedWisdom on Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:29 pm

Thorlin suddenly held his ax and rushed out he pinned an elf by the tree and held the ax menacingly, "Who are you and why are you near my house?" It was one of the servant girls from the kingdom. He said, "Speak quickly!"

She squeeked, "I...I was told to...c-come here by Nimue!"

Thorlin lowered the ax and said, "Next time, don't stand by the window, knock on the door."

She nodded and wiped her eyes as she had been scared. She said, "Lord Avalon is requesting Menelwen returns to her duties, I asked her father and Nimue and they said to come to this house and get her. Is she ready?"

Thorlin said, "I will check with her, oh and one more thing, you are not to breathe a word that a dwarf lives here or even lives in this forest, understand?"

She nodded and waited while Thorlin informed Menelwen that a servant elf girl had come to bring her back.

SAga4000
    Admin

Post by SAga4000 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:43 pm

Menelwen turned to him and then said, "Tell her that I have permission from my father to rest, and I will rest."

TaintedWisdom
    Admin

Post by TaintedWisdom on Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:11 pm

Thorlin went back to the maid and said, "She has permission from her father. I know it isn't common, but I need you to keep the fact that she comes here or that I am here from him. The reason for that is private, but it is very important to Menelwen and Prince Kunadan."

The maid blinked then said, "If he asks me, I will be unable to lie to him, but I will not bring it up to him."

Thorlin said, "As good as I can expect, now go back home."

She nodded then left. Thorlin entered his house and saw her by the stove. He blinked and said, "What are you doing? I was making meals for us...I don't want you to overdo it."

Menelwen said, "You always worry about me, I am fine." She turned to face him and said, "Thank you very much for always being so caring, but I have done more work in the past four days then I did for two weeks."

SAga4000
    Admin

Post by SAga4000 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:14 pm

"You're quite the worker aren't you?" He added as she got down and put more wood into the fire. Menelwen then said,
    "I want to show my grandfather that I am someone worthy, regardless whether I receive his approval or not. My life has meaning other than tragedy."

TaintedWisdom
    Admin

Post by TaintedWisdom on Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:20 pm

Thorlin said, "I am just happy that you are up here with me, you brighten my day everytime I see you."

Menelwen gasped and nearly dropped the pan. She slowly turned and looked at him, "No one...besides my parents...have ever said that to me."

Thorlin said, "Really? I would have thought lots of people would have said that to you!"

Menelwen shook her head and hugged him and a single tear of happiness slid down her cheek and landed on his shoulder, "Thank you Thorlin, you have no idea how much you saying that has made me happier this day."

Thorlin swallowed a lump in his throat and mentally shook away this moment before he said, "Come, we feast and be merry!"

Menelwen nodded as she pulled out the bottle of Elvish Wine. She said, "Be careful Thorlin, this is strong stuff, somewhat strong even for elves and we have a powerful resistance to alcohol."

Thorlin said, "I have heard tales of the legends of Elves being able to hold their liquor."

Menelwen whispered, "I think...no my fingers might tingle after forty cups of this...it may affect me then."

Thorlin burst out laughing then said, "Well said mi'lady well said!"

SAga4000
    Admin

Post by SAga4000 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:52 pm

Menelwen laughed along with him before he poured them.

Daerwen and the elven prince continued on from dawn to dusk soon they camped for the night. Daerwen got the fire ready and their cooking equipment, before she gathered what she needed for soup that night.

TaintedWisdom
    Admin

Post by TaintedWisdom on Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:10 pm

Thorlin and Menelwen had drunk twenty cups each. He said, "I am able to hold my liquor thanks to my immortality stronger than any dwarf..." He looked into her eyes and said, "I will be able to match you."

Menelwen began to laugh softly then said, "We will see...Thorlin why is it that I am at ease around you?"

Thorlin said, "Because I don't judge you, or try to demean you ever. I just savor every minute I have with the best friend I have ever had."

Meanwhile...

The Elven Prince looked at Daerwen and saw her gathering things up. He sat back as he started the campfire up. He stopped as the fire was blazing and saw her bathed in the campfire glow. He thought, "She looks amazing like that..." He said, "Do you want some help cooking? I may not look it, but I'm not too bad a cook."

SAga4000
    Admin

Post by SAga4000 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:12 pm

Daerwen looked up at him and then said,
    "I'll be fine, thank you."

TaintedWisdom
    Admin

Post by TaintedWisdom on Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:23 pm

The elvish prince sat back and said "Very well, just mind the fire would you?  I don't want to have to handle bandaging your hands, I am terrible at that."  He saw the look on her face, "You call yourself an elf?"

Meanwhile...

Thorlin and finished his twenty fifth cup when he suddenly stiffened, "Return to the underground kingdom."  Menelwen blinked and said, "Something wrong?"

Thorlin said, "This is not up for debate...go now!"  He took her by the hand and went to the gate, opened it and pushed her inside, "No matter what, do not leave..."  He shouldered his ax and ran from the gate.  He had heard something near the hut.  When he came back he saw thirty orcs pacing about.  He watched them and one said, "She was just here...FIND HER!"

Thorlin stepped out from behind a tree and said, "You lookin for someone foul breath?  Don't you creatures ever bathe yourselves?"

The lead orc pointed his sword, "Get him!"

Thorlin said, "If you want me, you'll have to catch me!"  He got on his pony and took off, leading the orcs away.  The orcs began to catch up on their wargs.

Thorlin jumped off his pony and landed in the river, his pony took off at full speed away from the Orcs.  As he came out of the water, he found himself surrounded.  He slashed with his ax, but the leader caught the handle and said, "Well...if it isn't Thorlin the Dwarf, a renegade.  Men...take him into custody, the Devil Knight has been looking for him for a long time!  You three...lead him there."  He took the ax from Thorlin and broke it in two pieces and said, "Take that back to the hut, you know what to do!"

They jeered and Thorlin watched as he was dragged away in chains.  As he rounded the bend, he saw his hut on flames, a reflective light caught his eye and he knew what it was, his ax was embedded in the ground.  He thought, "Be safe...Menelwen...I will never let them find you..."

Meanwhile...

Menelwen raced to her father and gasped out, "Something...has happened...Thorlin he sent me back faster than he has ever done before, he looked panicked, Father I am afraid for him, we have to find him!"

SAga4000
    Admin

Post by SAga4000 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:05 am

"Menelwen, I cannot make such a decision without orders from the king!" He told her. "I will speak to him myself!" Menelwen declared as she hurried to the palace with her father running after her.

TaintedWisdom
    Admin

Post by TaintedWisdom on Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:09 am

Menelwen raced to the throne room door and started to breath heavily. She placed her hand on the handle then she froze and thought, "Wait a minute...what am I thinking? Avalon won't help me...he hates me, besides if he found out about Thorlin...he'd prevent me from seeing him ever again." Tears began falling down her face as she began to break down mentally, she was shaking from fear, pain and hurt. She suddenly gasped and collapsed completely. The pain of everything that had happened in her life had finally hit her full force...and with no Thorlin anymore, nothing could stop her mind from going completely blank. She shuddered on the ground then was still, not dead, but the pain had robbed her of her consciousness.

SAga4000
    Admin

Post by SAga4000 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:30 am

"Menelwen!" Kunadan cried as he knelt down by his daughter's side and lifted her in his arms. The guards watching Avalon's throne also hurried to his side to tend to Menelwen. One of them even shouted,
    "Call for a healer quickly!"
    Kunadan turned the guard next to him and said, "Help me take her."
    The guard left his post and helped Kunadan carry her to her chambers, there Kunadan placed his daughter on the bed and sat by her side.

TaintedWisdom
    Admin

Post by TaintedWisdom on Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:35 am

A healer raced up next to her and placed a cloth on her head then began checking her.  He looked at her then turned to Kunadan and said, "She doesn't look like she will wake anytime soon, this is no ordinary sleep.  Her body has shut down mentally...my guess would be pain and shock.  She could wake up in an hour...a week or a month...or it may take a particular person to snap her out of this, some scent she knows, or a voice.  I have never seen a case like this before, so I cannot fully tell.  I can take a guess at the cause...the amount of pain she has gone through in her life is more than any other elf I have ever met, save one...King Avalon losing his wife, then having to tell all those mothers about their sons falling in battle.  I heard tell of how our King treated her, but I never thought it'd be so bad as to cause her to break down mentally like this, she was fine a day ago...something must have happened that took away her strength. I wish Lady Yure had remained a while longer before moving to the Land of the Undying, she might have been able to cure her, but I do not have that much power."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:56 pm