The best in Video Games/Anime Role playing

The Halfblood

SAga4000
    Admin

Re: The Halfblood

Post by SAga4000 on Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:57 pm

Kunadan and Daerwen turned with their bow and arrows out and aimed out into the trees.
    "There's no need for hostility." The Lady of Arda replied, "I sense no danger."
    Dedalen slowly lowered his sword, Kunadan and Daerwen lowered their bows and arrows and slung the weapons across their shoulders.
    "How long till you open that door?" Kunadan asked Nimue.
    "It'll be open when it's open!" She retorted. Harald looked up at the runes and read it for a moment. The runes told them in elvish, "Say friend and you may enter."
    Friend? Friend... Harald turned to Kunadan and asked, "Kunadan, what's the elvish word for friend?"
    Kunadan looked up at his cousin and replied,
    "Mellon. " Within seconds the gates reacted and opened. Nimue turned to Harald with questionable on her face and he turned to her with confusion, "It was a riddle."

TaintedWisdom
    Admin

Post by TaintedWisdom on Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:23 pm

Nimue kissed Harald on the cheek and said, "You are so smart, I adore you!" She turned to the group and raised her staff. She called out, "Be cautious everyone, these mines are very dangerous." The staff began to light up. She said, "Harald...I never told my father this, but I have entered this mine before and went a small distance in it before I retreated."

Lady Arda spoke up, "I traveled this mine before. This place is a very dangerous place, we must travel swiftly and as silently as possible. If we wish to talk, we must whisper, sound travels fast in this place."

Nimue nodded and took her sister's hand and said, "No matter what happens Daerwen, you are to listen to Lady Arda and Taliya in here. I shall lead us, we move." She led the party into the mine.

They traveled for about four hours in complete silence as Nimue led the way through the mine. They had about two days travel in the mine to go and Nimue knew it'd be a long travel. Just from her studies alone, she knew the mine was expansive and filled with twists and turns.

Arda whispered, "Harald, do you sense Deagol or the ring anywhere?"

SAga4000
    Admin

Post by SAga4000 on Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:36 pm

"Faintly." Harald replied. Kunadan looked around the mines and then said, "Darkness lingers here." Daerwen stayed closed to her older brother as she gazed around the mines and added, "I sense it too. Like a black cloud ready to swallow us all."

Kunadan turned back to Dedalen to make sure that he was keeping up when The Lady of Arda spoke and said, "Stay close, mortal man. For the darkness here will seek the weakest of minds."
    "I beg your pardon?"
    "Mortals are the ones who are so easily corrupted by the darkness." The Lady of Arda spoke, "Do not forget what happened to your ancestors."

TaintedWisdom
    Admin

Post by TaintedWisdom on Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:43 pm

Dedalen said, "I will not allow myself to become corrupted, of that much I assure you, I thank you for your concern my Lady." He kissed the back of her hand in respect.

Lady Arda smiled and said softly, "You know the ways of our people...of course you have lived with them for over a decade." She turned to Nimue and whispered, "Nimue, as your teacher, I should probably take that staff from you for now. I need to teach you magic before you can properly use it."

Nimue blinked then handed the staff over to Lady Arda who took the lead. Arda turned to the others and said, "We have another day and a half in this mine. We have made good time, we rest here for now as we have a long way to go. Sleep as best you can."

They all settled down for a rest.

SAga4000
    Admin

Post by SAga4000 on Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:05 pm

"Do you think it's wise to be resting?" Kunadan asked, "The creature could be long gone by the time we find it."
    "Do not worry young Kunadan. He won't wander far." The Lady of Arda replied. Daerwen reached over for their supplies and started taking out whatever she could find and then she looked over and said,
    "Is there anyway to start a fire?"
    "We'll need wood." Kunadan replied, "But there is none here. Nothing but rocks."
    Daerwen nodded and then looked at Dedalen and asked, "You're not hungry are you?"
    "No young one."
    Daerwen nodded and placed the food supplies back in the sack.

TaintedWisdom
    Admin

Post by TaintedWisdom on Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:14 pm

Arda said, "A fire would also be a bad idea, the light would attract undesired eyes in this evil. It is best we remain quiet and try our best to keep from being noticed. I fear for our survival should we be located."

Nimue whispered, "Lady Arda, when do we press on?"

Arda said, "After an hour of rest, we move forward, we must traverse our way to the end of the mine. That creature would not remain in here for long, the orcs and other foul creatures are his enemies as well, thus he'd head for another haven."

Nimue nodded and whispered, "With all due luck, we will find him near the exit while we are fleeing from this place."

Dedalen whispered, "Or we may find him just outside trying to stay out of the sunlight."

SAga4000
    Admin

Post by SAga4000 on Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:22 pm

Harald nodded in agreement before he turned back and saw that both Nimue, his father and The Lady of Arda no longer had horses to ride on.
    "Well this will be a long and hard journey." He added.

"I wonder how father is coping?" Nimue spoke. Kunadan looked up at his sister and said, "He should be fine. Father has a strong heart."

Taliya slowly turned toward her nieces and nephew after they mentioned Avalon. Kunadan turned to his aunt and saw the look on her face, but remained silent. He still remembered her secret, and though she'd hurt him, he would never betray her trust in that manner.

An hour passed and the seven of them continued on their journey.

Last edited by SAga4000 on Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

TaintedWisdom
    Admin

Post by TaintedWisdom on Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:34 pm

Taliya knew that although she had strong feelings for Avalon, they would never be returned, he had found his soulmate in her sister and knew one thing only more, it meant her own soulmate was still out there...somewhere.

One day passed in this fashion, they would rest for a few hours here and there and keep heading. When they were two hours away from the exit, Nimue accidentally knocked a rock in her sleep and it rolled off the cliff and began to clatter against the walls.

Arda was awake the moment she heard that and quickly whispered, "Everyone be silent and ready to run."

After the rock stopped clattering, they listened carefully and after about ten minutes, they heard nothing. Arda glared at Nimue and said, "My student that was very risky, we are lucky we were not found."

They heard a soft sound, almost like a clink of metal against a stone. Arda said, "Run...we flee immediately! Whatever is in this mine knows we are here now, run and do not lose sight of my light."

Dedalen picked up Daerwen and handed her to Kunadan, "Run, I will take the rear with Taliya! Go!"

Nimue took Harald's hand and ran alongside Arda leading the Fellowship of Seven. Arda shouted, "The exit is two hours walk, so about an hour running, we must go quickly!"

The sounds of metal were getting closer as Dedalen and Taliya had their blades drawn covering the rear of the Fellowship. They knew that their only chance was to escape into the light.

SAga4000
    Admin

Post by SAga4000 on Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:42 pm

"Kunadan put me down and draw your arrow." Daerwen told him. Kunadan quickly put his sister down but gripped her by the shoulder and pulled her along as they started to run.

TaintedWisdom
    Admin

Post by TaintedWisdom on Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:53 pm

As the group neared the exit, they found the area being flooded by orcs and all sorts of nasty creatures. There was three large creatures coming as well. Dedalen shouted, "Trolls! Move faster all of you!"

Nimue turned back and went behind the others and began to fire off arrows alongside Kunadan for Lady Arda, Harald and Daerwen to get through the exit first. Within about five minutes, the three of them were there.

Dedalen shouted, "Taliya, take Nimue and Kunadan out of here, I will hold the line, GO! I do not have time to argue with you!"

Taliya nodded and ran ahead, took the two elf royals out of the mine as Dedalen backed up towards the exit, firing arrow after arrow from his own bow. Then he saw something that made his face pale. He said softly, "That's...no...it's not..." He then shook his head, "I WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO HARM THEM!" He got to the other side of the bridge. He saw that they were coming closer and knew that the others would not be able to outrun them.

Meanwhile outside...

Nimue was holding Harald back from running back inside to help his father. She said, "I know, but you have to have faith in him!"

Back inside...

Dedalen was slashing orc after orc then he had an idea. He held up his hand and said, "Come on you monsters, I'm ready for you!" They all rushed and he smirked before he cut the ropes to the bridge. It collapsed, taking about one hundred orcs with it, and also cutting off the path. He laughed and said, "What idiots can you possibly be?" He knew that the winged creature would still be able to chase them, along with that one man amongst them, why he was there confused him. He turned and fled from the mine, then passed through the exit.

Arda raised the staff given to Nimue by Gandalf and destroyed the exit and checked him for injuries.

Dedalen said, "I am unharmed, although something...fearful is in there. It is a creature of Darkness and Ice...the Ice Drake. I thought they were extinct. We must away from this place at once! By nightfall, those orcs will find a way out of the mines and we will be over-run, we must escape into the forests nearby."

Lady Arda said, "The nearest area of such a magnitude we could hide from them in while seeking our Quarry is the Forest of Mithrandir. It is two leagues to the south." She looked at Harald who was nodding and then she continued, "The creature is also headed south, so that is our path."

Dedalen said, "Move out, we have no time to waste, I delayed them, but it will only be a delay, not a complete stopping, I did take out about one hundred and fifty of them before I fled."

Nimue smiled and said, "A battle worthy of a previous King."

Dedalen grinned then said, "Let's go everyone."

SAga4000
    Admin

Post by SAga4000 on Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:03 pm

"Father, are you sure you're all right?" Harald asked him. Dedalen turned to his son and said while he kept a firm hand on his son's shoulder, "I am Harald, you needn't worry."

The seven of them continued on walking south through the night till daybreak.
    "Can you sense the creature?" The Lady of Arda asked. Harald stopped and then said, "No, I cannot, and the ring's trail has all but faded."
    "Where to now?" Daerwen asked The Lady of Arda.

TaintedWisdom
    Admin

Post by TaintedWisdom on Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:07 pm

She said, "We rest for now and discover our next move. Harald, I want you to go find some firewood on the ground, break nothing off the trees for they are sacred in this land. Nimue, gather water from the stream, and Daerwen, you will help me set up camp. We have to clear out an area to properly have a fire and make some real food, we haven't eaten for three days, so everyone is hungry I am certain."

Dedalen looked at the trees above him and thought, "I was so certain you were dead...so why were you amongst those monsters? It makes no sense..." He sighed and sat down on a stone to think.

Nimue whispered, "Harald, be careful okay? I don't want to see you get hurt at all...you are a very special person to me." She gave him a close hug and kissed him on the cheek before she went off to get the water. Her brown robes hugged her body as she moved, but that was due to the way the robes were rustling on her.

SAga4000
    Admin

Post by SAga4000 on Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:48 pm

Kunadan saw the exchange and watched as Harald went off to get the firewood.

"What were you doing?" He asked Nimue as she was getting water. "I did nothing." She replied. Kunadan then said, "You've been rather affectionate with him."
    "He's a handsome young elf--"
    "He's our first cousin. You know father will never approve."
    Nimue stopped for a moment and then turned to her older brother and said, "Father is my king and I will obey his command, but he cannot rule my heart."
    Kunadan then spoke to her in elvish, "This is forbidden."
    Nimue replied back in elvish, "I know."
    "Then why do you do it?" He asked. Nimue turned to her older brother and asked, "I did not choose this."

Harald walked further and further into the woods of the mountain area, looking for fallen branches rather than picking ones from the trees, unaware that he had just stepped into a trap.

"Whoa!" A few seconds later a rope tightened around his ankle and pulled him up a tree, "What is this!?" He exclaimed as he tried to heave himself up. Suddenly he heard the sounds of a bell ringing every time he tried to move.

Soon came the sound of a bow wire being pulled back and he immediately became still as the rope twisted, making him turn to see his captor.

"Do not think I will I won't shoot you trespasser." The young half-elf hunter threatened as she pointed her bow and arrow at him.

"Ow! Ow! Ow! What did I do?"
    "Quiet!" She told him as she continued to pull him along to her home.
    Harald looked up and saw a small makeshift hut made with twigs, leaves and straw in the middle of the forest.

The Halfling girl pushed him to a tree and then held a dagger at his throat,
    "How did you find this place?" She demanded.
    "I-I didn't I was just looking for some firewood."
    "First a trespasser, now a liar. Very well if you don't want to talk you can spend the rest of your life here." She tied him to the tree.

"But I'm telling you the truth!" He tried to reason with her, the young halfing was having nothing of it and once she finished tying him up, she turned back to remake her trap.

TaintedWisdom
    Admin

Post by TaintedWisdom on Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:01 pm

Nimue turned to her brother and spoke in elvish, "I have tried so hard to not let my feelings for him grow, but I have been unable to stop them.  Just being near him makes me happy, when I am apart from him is when I am saddened by the loss of being away."

The halfing girl paused outside the area where she had bound him.  She shook her head and thought, "Firewood my rear end, he is after something, that much is certain, I shall capture any who have invaded..."  She touched the ground, "Six others...most are elves, but there is one human!"  She dashed through the woods.

After about an hour, the group had reconvened and noticed that Harald was missing.  Dedalen sighed and said, "I will go find him."  He walked off into the woods.

SAga4000
    Admin

Post by SAga4000 on Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:43 pm

"Harald!" Dedalen called out his son's name as he walked into the forest, unaware that someone was watching from above the trees.
    The halfing aimed her bow and arrow at him and watched as he continued on walking.
    "That's it...a little bit more..." She looked up and saw the net, she'd tied up between the two branches and fired at both knots.
    Before he knew it, the net fell on him.
    "What's the meaning of this?!" Dedalen shouted, then he heard a thump to his right and without warning he had a dagger held to his throat by a halfling.
    "Do not move, human." She warned him.

Like Harald, he was brought into to her home and tied to another tree beside Harald.
    "Father?!" Harald exclaimed.
    "Father? I knew you were a liar. Speak, who told you about these lands?!"
    "No one!" Harald replied and she fired an arrow inches away from his left eye. "The next one will be your head."

"Tuarwen!"
    Tuarwen turned around, "Mother?!" Yuré lifted her skirts and quickly walked over toward the two, going for Dedalen first.
    "What is the meaning of..." She paused as she looked at the man in front of her, "...This...?"

Harald and Tuarwen turned to one another in confusion.

TaintedWisdom
    Admin

Post by TaintedWisdom on Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:56 pm

Dedalen asked (while still tied to the tree), "Yure...is that really you?  I have sought you for eleven years."  He explained about the white witch and how she made the kingdom believe he was dead, and how he never corrected it as it enabled him to join the elves underground.

He asked, "What are you doing all the way out here?  Could you get Harald and myself free from these trees? I would much rather be able to be free than tied here. There hasn't been a single day I haven't thought about you, worried for you...I never stopped."

SAga4000
    Admin

Post by SAga4000 on Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:04 pm

"Be still Dedalen, I'll release you first." Yuré told him before she walked over toward the other side and untied the rope. Tuarwen pulled out her dagger and cut the ropes with a single swift swing.

Yuré finally untied his ropes and pressed her hand against the tree while he stood on the other side. Her eyes slowly closed as took several deep breaths and said, "If this is a dream then let never me wake again." She whispered.

"Father…?" Harald called out as he watched Dedalen walk over the other side of the tree where the lavender haired elf-woman stood.

Tuarwen turned to Harald and then saw his ears. They resembled hers in length, "You're half as well?"
    He turned to her and said, "Yes."

TaintedWisdom
    Admin

Post by TaintedWisdom on Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:14 pm

Dedalen moved close to Yure and placed his hand on her cheek, "This is no dream, nor will it ever end...Yure...I love you. Harald and I are no longer tied to that kingdom save for two people...Adeon and Lynessa, and they are sworn to secrecy about my being alive. I will tell you more..." He took her hand in his and said, "I will never let you go again. Allow me to introduce you two." He turned to Harald, holding Yure's hand and said, "Yure, this is Harald, our son. Harald, this is your mother Yure."

SAga4000
    Admin

Post by SAga4000 on Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:29 pm

"You're...my mother?" Harald asked. Yuré opened her mouth to speak, "I—I can hardly call myself your mother."
    "Yuré, you gave up our son in my care so he could have the best life possible." Dedalen told her as he went and took her hand in his. He then turned to Harald and said,
    "Say something to your mother boy."
    "Pleased to meet you." Harald replied. Yuré smiled for a moment and then said, "The pleasure's all mine."
    The both mother and son looked up at one another for a moment, though it would be a long process for them to develop a strong bond, that greeting was a start to make for the eighteen years they've missed.

TaintedWisdom
    Admin

Post by TaintedWisdom on Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:32 pm

Dedalen asked, "And Yure, who is this lovely young lady here? She is a halfling as well." He saw her point her dagger at him, "Stay away from me human!"

Dedalen reached out and gently took the dagger from her and said, "I am no threat to you. Oh and Yure, your nephew and two nieces are with me as well."

SAga4000
    Admin

Post by SAga4000 on Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:25 am

"Kunadan...? Wait, two nieces? So Avalon and Vanya--tell me how is my sister by law?"
    "She died in child birth." Harald told her. Yuré closed her eyes and took a deep breath before she swallowed the lump in her throat.

"Give the word and I will finish--"
    "Tuarwen, you will do no such thing. This man is Dedalen. He is the father of my son, Harald. He is your brother."
    Harald turned to Tuarwen, "Don't tell me you and father--"
    "No. You were the only fruit of our union. Tuarwen's tale is a sad one. Abandoned as a baby by her own mother, I took her in to fill the void of leaving you and I raised her as my own. I discovered that the void was never filled, but more love grew in my heart. I never forgot you Harald. I never could." Yuré told him as she walked over to her eighteen year old son.
    "Tell me, who is my second niece?"
    "Her name is Daerwen, and she takes after your side of the family--well Lord Avalon's that is."
    "So she has silver hair and blue eyes?"
    "Precisely."
    "How old?"
    "Eleven." Dedalen replied.

TaintedWisdom
    Admin

Post by TaintedWisdom on Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:36 am

Dedalen said, "Yure...I missed you so much." He moved close to her and put his arms around her waist. He looked into her eyes, "You look even more beautiful than the last time I saw you. It was eighteen years ago and I am more in love with you than I have ever been before." He kissed her tenderly on the lips and took her hands in his.

Taurwen said, "W-wait a minute, he's my brother? That is...why have you not mentioned him ever to me mother?"

SAga4000
    Admin

Post by SAga4000 on Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:06 am

Yuré then pulled away from Dedalen and then turned to Tuarwen, "There were things that were too painful for me to discuss." Yuré paused and turned to her son before she continued, "Harald was one of them."

Tuarwen raised an eyebrow before she turned to her newly found adopted brother.

"Come with us Yuré." Dedalen told her.
    "Come with you? Where?" She asked, "Dedalen this is my home now, I cannot just abandon it."
    "My mother is right. Who knows what thieves will come?" Tuarwen added.
    "At least come and see your nieces and nephew." Dedalen told her. Yuré nodded, "Yes, I wonder how much Kunadan and Nimue have grown?"

TaintedWisdom
    Admin

Post by TaintedWisdom on Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:29 am

Dedalen said, "I really have missed you." He smiled and walked beside her with the two halflings beside them as they walked back to where everyone was camped.

When they walked up, Nimue saw the two new arrivals and asked, "Brother, who is that?"

SAga4000
    Admin

Post by SAga4000 on Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:12 am

Kunadan slowly stood up as he turned to face the woman an and his eyes widen in disbelief,
    "It can't be…"
    Yuré looked up at her nephew and said, "Kunadan look how you've grown. You're a mixture of your mother and your father. You have his strong jaw, but her sweet smile." Then she turned to Nimue and said,
    "The last time I saw you, you were nothing more than a baby, and you Nimue look just like your mother."
    Finally she turned to Daerwen and then spoke,
    "I never got the opportunity to know you, but I know you are of my brother's blood. You resemble your grandmother."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:07 pm